WST Feminist Contributors

Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2016

UPCOMING EVENT AT ADELPHI

Hi Everyone!

My name is Brian Stanley and I am an Undergraduate Political Science student at Adelphi University. I am writing to you today unaffiliated with the University or any club, and I write because I know that through out the course of the presidential election, many of us have felt fearful, upset, or frustrated by the President-Elect, his campaign, and his rhetoric. We all face challenging times ahead, especially with the House and the Senate being red for at least the next two years. With that, I am organizing a march with the goal of bringing together students/faculty from Adelphi University, Hofstra University, and Nassau Community College, as well as members of the Garden City community and organizations from across Nassau County.

The march is considered a "March of the People", and it seeks to bring together all people to march for pro-human rights reasons. Whether you want to march for yourself, for your family, for strangers, for the planet, or for any generation which may follow us, this is a place for you to come. The "March of the People" focus allows us to build community and, while it is a protest and a demonstration of civil disobedience, it will help sever as a march of solidarity and allow for a community of people to come act, march, and stand together. It’s going to be a long 4 years; we are all in this together; and I feel like now is the time that we come together.  The march will be on Saturday, December 10th, from 3-5 and I am still working on a route and securing permits-- I will provide updates as well as flyers for the event over the coming weeks. 

With that, I invite you and the club which you advise to join us. I understand a decision either way,  and I hope that even if you can not stand with us, you are aware that I stand with you. 

Please let me know all of your thoughts and whether or not you would be interested in participating in a demonstration like this-- please contact me individually as this is a group email to a number of organizations. Also, please feel free to share this directly with the students of your club--I would have done so myself but their contact information was not provided on the NCC Webpage. Feel free also to share this with any colleagues you think would be interested; although this email is more oriented for student-clubs and I will be sending an email to invite faculty at a later date. 

In Solidarity,
Brian Stanley  

No comments:

Post a Comment